This is my cell phone – the HTC Touch Cruise. It just came out and still isn’t widely available. Its OS is Windows Mobile 6, which has its pros and cons we’ll talk about in a future post. Here’s the good, the bad and the ugly of the device. First, the good:
- Very pocketable (small and thin) since no keyboard to add to height or (as a slide-out) to thickness.
- Very large (and bright) screen (for my aging eyes).
- Very cool, having touch features like an iPhone. That’s why it’s called Touch; I have no clue about the Cruise part.
- Very powerful, with 400 MHz processor, 256 MB ROM, 128 MB RAM.
- Very quick, supporting HSDPA and UMTS.
The bad? Well, it’s very expensive (what do you expect?). Also, it doesn’t have a hardware keyboard, This is not an issue for me since I use the soft keyboard, but I don’t text a lot. As for the ugly, none. It’s a beautiful device.