Did you agree to sell your soul?

image We all see lengthy Terms & Conditions during online purchases and software installations. But do you actually read these T&C’s before you check the box to agree? Maybe you should.

GameStation, like many online retailers, asks customers to agree to T&C’s to complete a sale. On April Fool’s Day, GameStation added the Immortal Soul clause:

“By placing an order via this Web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul. Should We wish to exercise this option, you agree to surrender your immortal soul, and any claim you may have on it, within 5 (five) working days of receiving written notification from gamesation.co.uk or one of its duly authorised minions.”

To test whether customers actually read T&C’s, they were given the opportunity to check a box that not only would remove the clause but also entitle the customer to a credit. However, only 12% of customers checked the box. The other 88% should be very careful, especially should Apple or Microsoft get wind of this.

[Information and picture via GottaBeMobile]

7 Responses to “Did you agree to sell your soul?”


Comments are currently closed.